This is my first sandwich recipe in BYG. I love to try seafood dishes and this one is my newly found love. I was introduced to Salmon fish when we came to US. When I first heard about smoked salmon, I was skeptical if it would be too bland for my taste palette. Anyway I wanted to give it a try. The smoked salmon complements really well with the herbs and we all loved it.
The cold smoked salmon used in this sandwich is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and is a good source of proteins and vitamins. From a short googling, I decided to pair it with mayonnaise. For a more healthier alternative, you can pair it with cream cheese too. This mayo-smoked salmon sandwich with the touch of parsley, celery and dried dill weed is a treat to enjoy.
This smoked salmon sandwich is ideal to serve for a tea time party in small portions. It is very easy to bring together and no cooking is involved. When you are planning for a party, this sandwich would be a great choice of appetizer and time saver. The cold smoked salmon is available in the deli section of most of the supermarkets.
- Smoked salmon thinly sliced (nova) as needed
- Bread slices 8
- Mayonnaise 4 tbsp.
- Dried dill weed 1/4 tsp. (Optional)
- Parsley thinly chopped 3 to 4 tbsp.
- Celery thinly chopped 3 tbsp.
- Pepper 1/4 tsp.
- Salt a small pinch (Optional. Smoked salmon is very salty. So add salt only if you think, it is needed.)
- Remove the crust of bread slices. (optional step)
- Using a fork, mix together mayonnaise, dried dill(if using), chopped parsley, chopped celery, pepper and salt(if using).
- Spread the mayonnaise mixture on four bread slices. Place smoked salmon slices on top of mayonnaise spread. Cover each of these four mayonnaise topped bread slices with four bread slices.
- Cut each sandwich in to three portions.
- Serve it as an appetizer or tea time snack.
- If the bread slices are very soft, brush melted butter before topping the mayonnaise spread. This helps to prevent the bread getting soggy.
- For a healthier alternative, you can substitute mayonnaise with 4oz cream cheese for above measurement.
- A 120z package of smoked salmon can make about 10 to 12 whole sandwiches(30 to 36 small servings)
- You can make sandwich, cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate it to use on next day.