Who don’t love a quick easy pizza for dinner? If you have shrimp, a packet of frozen naan, butter and a few other basic pantry staples, then get ready to make this easy pizza. You can have a quick snack or a pizza dinner in no time… If you are planning a party, this is a good starter option.
This needs only a few ingredients and a very less cook time(no hazzle of too much chopping work too!!!) that makes it my favorite to serve to my family on a lazy day. And they love it so much… It just needs a few minutes of cooking on stovetop and then baking on a preheated oven for about 10 minutes. Shrimp Scampi Naan Pizza is ready to serve…The shrimp sauted in the garlic butter sauce is topped on a naan bread and baked to a crispy golden pizza. Garnish it with chopped parsley leaves(or coriander leaves for a twist:)) and serve. If you are a shrimp lover, I would strongly recommend this simple and easy Naan Pizza.
You can add few tablespoons of white wine in the garlic butter sauce. I add a few tablespoons of homemade chicken stock instead that gives a flavor boost. Adding white wine/chicken stock is optional.
- Shrimp shelled and deveined 500gm( I used frozen raw shrimp)
- Butter 4 tbsp.
- Garlic minced 5 to 6 cloves
- Chicken stock(homemade/Store bought) or White wine 1/4 cup (Optional)
- Lemon Juice 1.5 to 2 tbsp. (Read Notes)
- Mozzarella cheese grated 1 cup
- Parsley leaves/coriander leaves thinly chopped for garnishing 2 to 3 tbsp.
- Pepper powder 1 tsp. or to taste
- Crushed red chili flakes 1/2 tsp.
- Salt to taste
- Indian naan bread 4 (I used frozen naan bread. Garlic naan bread is a great choice for this recipe)
- Preheat oven at 400 degree Fahrenheit, 10 minutes before baking.
- In a pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add minced garlic, red pepper flakes and sauté for a minute until garlic is slightly browned.
- Add chicken stock and lemon juice and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. The garlic butter sauce is ready.
- Add shrimp, pepper powder and salt to the sauce and cook for a minute on both sides until the shrimp pieces are just heated through. Switch off the flame. Let it cool slightly. (Do not cook shrimp on stovetop for more time as it has to be baked in oven.(Over cooked shrimp will make it rubbery in texture)
- Place the naan on a baking sheet. Spread the shrimp along with a drizzle of garlic butter sauce on each naan(A drizzle of garlic butter sauce is only needed as a little goes long way). Top it with grated mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and crust is crispy and golden brown. Sprinkle thinly chopped parsley leaves on top and serve it warm.
- I used frozen raw shrimp and Deep’s brand frozen naan bread. You can use fresh naan bread too.
- If you are using half cooked prawns for this recipe, it needs less cooking time, so adjust the cook time accordingly.
- Do not overcook shrimp as it may turn rubbery.
- You can adjust the heat(pepper powder and red chili flakes) as per your taste preference.
- You can use both pepper powder and red chili flakes as I have used or use either one of those.
- Adjust the amount of lemon juice as per the sourness of lemon used.
- You can make it as a normal pizza by spreading the shrimp mixture on a pizza dough and bake it.
- If you want the pizza to be soft and not crispy, increase cook time of prawns on stovetop for few minutes and bake in the oven for less time.