Banana is something that is always in my countertop. I enjoy all kind of fruits, but banana is the only fruit which I can eat everyday and never get bored of. What is that fruit that you like to eat at any time of the day?
I am here with a banana muffin recipe. Are you looking for a healthy muffins with bananas? Then you should try these eggless oats banana muffins that you can enjoy guilt free. You need overripened bananas for baking these muffins. If you like baked goods with bananas, you may like this soft and healthy banana bread that I shared some time back.
These eggless oats banana muffins are always a favorite for us. We have baked it many times and my kids love to munch it for snacks or for breakfast. This is a very easy muffin recipe that will never fail for sure. These muffins are made with oats flour and they are eggless. So don’t worry even if you can’t eat eggs. Just give this a try. It is very moist and the tender crumbs of oats flour gives a nice soft texture to the muffins. The main source of sweetness for these muffins are from bananas. So make sure to use over ripened bananas to get the best flavor. I used honey to make it a bit more sweeter. But you can use brown sugar or white sugar as a substitute. Honey gives a unique flavor to the muffins. You may choose to opt out for chocolate chips and add some walnuts or cashews for a healthier muffins. This is a great teatime snack for kids or you can serve it with breakfast.
Ingredients:(Yields 9 to 10 muffins)
- Oats flour 1¾ cup
- Baking powder 1¾ tsp.
- Baking soda ½ tsp.
- Cinnamon powder ½ tsp.
- Salt ⅛ tsp.
- Overripe bananas 3 big bananas
- Vegetable oil ⅓ cup
- Honey/Brown sugar/White sugar 2 tbsp.
- Pure vanilla extract 1 tsp.
- Semisweet chocolate chips 1 cup.(optional)
- Milk 1 tbsp ( optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degree Fahrenheit/205 degree Celsius, 10 minutes before baking. Lightly grease a muffin pan or line it with cupcake liners.
- In a bowl, mash bananas with the back of a spoon/fork. Add baking soda and mix well. Let it sit until rest of the batter is getting ready.
- In a large bowl, using a hand whisk, whisk together oats flour, baking powder, cinnamon powder and salt. Dry ingredients is ready.
- Add oil, honey, vanilla extract and milk( if using) to the banana mixture and mix well using the whisk.Wet ingredients is ready.(Adding milk gives a very soft texture to the muffins)
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until the batter is combined. Do not overmix.
- Add chocolate chips if using and mix well.(You can add your favorite nuts too.)
- Pour batter in to prepared muffin pan not more than ¾th of each liner is full. Bake in a preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in to center of the muffins comes out clean. Once the muffins comes out of oven, they will collapse slightly. That is fine and they will taste delicious. Let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Move it on to a wire rack for further cooling.
- I used old fashioned rolled oats to make these muffins. You can pulse it in the mixer to make oats flour.
- Use overripened bananas. The more ripened the bananas are, the more flavorful the muffins are.
- You can use brown sugar or white sugar as a substitute to honey.
- You can add nuts of your choice like walnuts, cashews, almonds etc. for a crunch.
- The images of muffins shown are from a different batch.